Interscholastic Equestrian Team
Improve Equine Skills
Build Lasting Friendships
College Scholarship Opportunities
Hello, Double J Riding Club is excited to announce the impending kick off to the 2024-2025 Interscholastic Equestrian Association (IEA) training and competition year! IEA is a wonderful organization open to riders from 4th-12th grade as well as Adults from ages 21 and up.
We will hold signups and an introductory meeting on February 21st at 6:00 pm over Zoom. Lessons begin in March. Horse shows begin in the Fall and run through February. Regionals and Nationals, if you qualify, are the following Spring.
We will be putting together a team to compete in the Interscholastic Equestrian Association (IEA). Founded in 2002, the Interscholastic Equestrian Association includes more than 12,000 middle and high school student riders across the United States. To participate in IEA, there is no need to own or share-board a horse. The IEA provides a mount and tack to each participant at every event. IEA riders compete in Hunt Seat classes in unfamiliar tack on unfamiliar mounts. On show days, each rider draws a horse and enters the show arena with little or no opportunity to familiarize themselves with their horse. This format equalizes competition variables and tests the horsemanship of the contestants and provides horse-showing opportunities to a wide range of individuals. Beginning in September of each year, individuals and teams compete in multiple competitions during the regular school season. Earning points during the season allows them to qualify for Regional and Zone finals. Points are tracked for individual and rider accomplishments and for overall team accomplishments. The unique team aspect of the IEA provides riders and barns the opportunity to work together as a team, and build lasting friendships.
Even though IEA registration will not begin until July of 2024, we are forming our team now in order to prepare for fall competitions.
Here is why YOU should join the IEA team:
1) The program offers various lessons throughout the season, an all day horse camp, field trips, and team parties.
2) As a team we go to 10-12 IEA shows a season. You can compete in a maximum of 5 horse shows and have the opportunity to point up to more advanced classes the better you do at shows.
3) You ride unfamiliar horses, increasing your riding and horsemanship skills.
4) As a team, and individually, we get the chance to qualify for Regional, Zone and National IEA shows.
5) You have two instructors, Haley Johnson and Kathy Jachymczyk who each bring their own knowledge and training techniques.
6) This is a preparatory stepping stone for University Intercollegiate Teams.
7) You develop team building and sportsmanship skills.
8) You get the chance to make new friends with riders your age from both our barn and the Midwest Area.
9) You will improve your equitation on horseback through practice and horse shows.
10) You get the opportunity to compete against other riders at various horse shows without having to share board or own a horse.
In order to be eligible to join the team you must be in 4th-12th grade through the months of September 2024 – April 2025. Or be at least 21 years old by September 2024.
Register now – classes begin March 1st!
If you are interested in joining please contact Haley Johnson at email@example.com. She will be happy to send you a detailed packet of information for this year's team and answer any questions you may have.