2018 Summer Horse Camp!
MUST KNOW HOW TO WALK, TROT AND CANTER BY YOURSELF!
Campers must have taken a minimum of 3 months of weekly riding lessons-prior camp experience and trail rides do NOT qualify.
11 am – 4 pm
$325 per week
(must know how to walk, trot, and canter)
Week 1: June 18th- June 21st
Week 2: July 9th- July 12th
(must know how to walk, trot and canter in a group setting- 4 or more)
Week 1: June 25th- June 28th
Week 2: August 6th- August 9th
A Few Things To Keep In Mind
- Due to staffing commitments there are no refunds after 14 days prior to camp start date
- Camps fill quickly, so register early!
- Sorry no makeups for missed days
- Please drive slowly through our neighborhood, children are at play
Summer Intermediate/ Advance Horse Camps!
Open to Intermediate and Advance Riders only. This 4 day long, 5 hour day camp is filled with everything an experienced horse lover would dream of including;
- A full 45 minute riding lesson everyday practicing different riding skills such as flatwork, obstacles, jumping, dressage and bareback
- Gymkhana Day: Games on horseback. Riders are broken into teams and participate in games such as keyhole, relay races, flag race, egg and spoon, hot potato and musical horses
- Hands on grooming and tacking station, where riders can groom and tack the horse they will be riding
- Advanced horse lessons such as different horse feedings, tack, first aid, clipping, braiding, lunging, etc.
- A variety of fun horse crafts
- Learning parts of a horse while finger painting and bathing a horse
- Learning how to make a riding course in jumping, western and dressage disciplines
- Horseless Horse Show: Campers sign up for horse-show divisions with just one catch: there won’t be any horses involved! Rather, campers will walk, trot, canter and jump themselves through several classes. Judges will score campers as if it was a “real” horse show, looking for correct leads at the canter, finding spots over jumps, etc.
- Horse games, scavenger hunts and much more!
Campers bring their own snacks, lunches and plenty to drink.
Before And After Care
Extended hours of camp are provided for those who need additional care.
Campers can relax at Before and After Care with low-key activities, including free play, board games, puzzles, art projects, movies and more.
8:00 – camp start time
camp end time- 5:00 pm
|Price:||$10 for each session
$15 per day
*Drop off in downstairs clubhouse
*Pick up in upstairs clubhouse
Purchase a one of a kind Double J Riding Club Camp T-shirt when you sign up for camp